Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SKULL and BARS

This week’s blog is a picture drawn by Michael Hogue it is about the death punishment. The cartoon is on page 360. The picture was first shown in The Dallas Mourning News The picture shows four squares that are black and white in the the top left box it shows a keyhole. In the top right box it shows a needle. In the bottom left box it shows a thumb pointing down. In the bottom right box it shows a thumb pointing up. In the middle of the top two boxes it shows a skull. It is showing the dessions on were a person may stand on the death penalty.

            I like the picture because it is not bias on were the artist stands on the topic of the Death penalty. It more or less just shows people a quick idea of where some people stand.  The odd thing about it was that the picture was introduced to a TX magazine one of the few states that still dose the death penalty.

 I take a very different stance on this subject. I think the death penalty should be offered to a person. I understand some people are not mentally stable in some people’s eyes. I don’t think that it is right if a person’s life is held into another person’s hands. I believe if they feel so wrong about what they did they should have the right to choose if they want to die now or rot in a cell. My stand point is that I would rather die now then spend the rest of my life in a cell.


1 comment:

  1. Leo, think about all the rhetorical choices the author made in the picture. That's what you need to analyze. How did he use symbols? Color? Contrast? Words (or lack thereof)? What kind of persuasion is at work here?

    ReplyDelete