Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Testie Syndrome

I found a really awesome cartoon to do this blog on. Though my last blog and this blog are talking about school I do not plan to do all of my blogs on the wonderful topic of school budgets. I am an addict to cartoons. I read them all the time. They leave such an impact on me because to show one’s idea in just a few panels is beautiful.



               The cartoon is about a job interview with a high school. The boss asks “How has high school prepared you for this job?” the high school student thought of an SAT test. This argues the point of the No Child Left Behind program. It shows that the No Child Left Behind program forced schools to focus on test rather than an education.


               I completely agreed with this cartoon and I thought it left a valid point. I mean honestly anyone can fill in a dot. (Well most people) I also believe that not all of the education is schools responsibility. If a kid want to learn they will if not they won’t. Also why make everyone suffer if not everyone is great at taking test, not that bad test takers are wrong. Shouldn’t grades be enough?



               I did a blog on this because there are so many different learning styles you cannot narrow it down to just one test. With the many strong feelings I have about the school systems I can’t sum them up in one blog. The nice thing about this is that just last week they got rid of No Child Left Behind.

1 comment:

  1. Leo, Sounds like a powerful example of visual rhetoric. I want to talk to you about how to focus on the strategies of the artist rather than the topic (NCLB).

    ReplyDelete